Environmental goals 2020-2022
Wihlborgs works systematically with a number of initiatives to enhance our’ total environmental performance and has tangible environmental goals linked to our prioritised environmental topics for the period 2020-2022.
Strategy and orientation
- Continued environmental certification of new-build and redevelopment projects, and increased volume of environmental certification in our existing property portfolio
- Development and management of a climate neutral operation based on the net zero carbon principle (incl. climate compensation)
- Economical orientation regarding resources and optimisation of our usage of energy, building material and water. Systematic reduce our waste based on waste hierarchy principles.
- Focus on circular economy and lifecycle perspective in our decisions and actions.
- We have a climate neutral property management in both Sweden and Denmark.
- We have climate goals approved by Science Based Targets (SBTi)
- We have an established systematic regarding climate-impact-reducing measures/reporting for all project operations
CO2 emissions, scope 1-2
A maximum of 1.5 kg CO2 per m² (Result 2019: 3.05 kg CO2)
Energy and resource efficiency
- Improved resource efficiency compared with the previous year as well as the base year 2019.
Total energy consumption
A maximum of 95 kWh purchased energy per m2 NFA. (Result 2019: 113 kWh per m2 NFA)
Energy, water and waste
Consumption/volumes decrease by 1 percent per year, normalised values (comparable holdings).
Increased levels of waste sorting.
Wihlborgs’ own solar power systems have a maximum installed output of at least 3 000 kWp. (Result 2019: 1 200 kWp)
- We have started at least one certification based on Sweden Green Building Council’s “NollCO2” certification
- We have the necessary methods and ability in place to manage environmentally certified buildings.
Share of environmentally certified buildings in Sweden
80 percent of offices in Sweden, measured by property value, are certified. (Result 2019: 30 percent)
- Green leases are standard for new leases.
Share of green leases
A minimum of 50 percet of the total amount of contracts for premises are green leases (Sw). (Result 2019: 30 percent)
Governance and reporting
- We have clearly measurable and broken-down targets by region and property management group in place.
- We have strengthened operations with more property management resources for the environment and operations/technology.
- We report according to EPRA’s environmental and energy reporting at Gold Level.